• 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
• 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
• 1 spanish onion cut into 1 inch strips
• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
• 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 pinch crushed red pepper
• 1 jar Coppola’s Marinara Sauce
• 4 8 oz. steak of whichever cut you prefer.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and onions. Let sauté for 2 minutes then add the peppers and mushrooms. Season with salt, oregano and crushed red pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are crispy.
Pour in the sauce, and bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, until the peppers get soft, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Season the steaks with salt and pepper. In a large skillet or on your grill cook the steaks until slightly underdone to your liking. Put your steaks into the sauce for a minute each side. Serve each steak with a ladle of sauce. Finish with shaved Parmigiana.